Android developments are not seeing a break anytime soon. If you have a little knowledge about ADB & Fastboot, you may tweak your Android device up to the maximum extent by flashing recoveries, pushing in different commands to perform tasks in the Android ADB & Fastboot command window using your PC. It’s always been a big problem with newbies when they are unable to perform different commands and end up getting failed while they are trying to tweak their Android device. Most of the devices like HTC’s devices, Google Nexus devices, Sony’s Xperia devices and other similar ones need to be treated through ADB & Fastboot at times. While going through the comments on our site, we found that users are not so much familiar with this official Android tool and they need a much better and easy interface and rather then typing the commands, they should be able to click the buttons and get the work done for them though no such method was available at that time.
Well, we’ve a great thing to share with our users today. Our friend Mohamed Ashraf Fares (Senior Member XDA-Developers) has developed a great tool that minimizes all that hardwork and performs all the tasks by just clicking on the buttons. There is no need to type the commands again and again and then face different errors. The tool is named as Android Device Manager, that means this tool can manage your device, let you do whatever you want or whatever you could do using the ADB terminal. Moreover, you no longer need to install ADB & Fastboot setup using Android SDK tools and others. Android Device Manager comes pre-loaded with ADB drivers, this small sized tool has almost minimized all the worries and all the hardwork and complexity.
The interface is way too user-friendly. Mohamed has divided all the commands into different segments. You just got to enable USB debugging mode on your device, connect it, select your tab [the task you want to perform] and wait for the tool to do the job for you. You could never imagine this tough thing getting teared down to such easy method right? Well, that’s what I thought at first and later had to admit the tool’s ease.
How this tool works:
- Enable USB debugging on your Android device. Get it in Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging > Check it.
- In case you’re unable to find it because you’re running your device on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean, you will have to first enable Developer Options. To do so, go to settings > about device > tap build number or 7 times. You will see the developer options in settings now, you can enable USB debugging.
- Use OEM data cable to establish connection between your PC and phone, also make sure that your laptop has enough battery charged and your phone is charged enough to perform your desired operations as well. If you’re using a desktop PC, make sure that you’ve proper power supply.
- Connect your device to your PC now and allow USB debugging once prompted after connecting it.
- Open ADM and perform the tasks you want. You may find your desired .img files or desired apks to flash using this tool.
Let’s have a look at the features of Android Device Manager:
- Reboot Bootloader.
- Reboot Recovery Mode.
- Reboot Download Mode.
- Reboot Normally.
Install / Uninstall APKs:
Install or Uninstall Android applications using APK files from your PC. You can delete the applications by applying the package name. Installation is done by selecting the APK file store on your PC.
Restore / Backup:
Restore and Backup your Android device.
- Flash Zip Files
- Flash Recovery (.img) files.
- Flash Kernel Images.
- Flash Boot AnimationZip.
Format / Erase:
- Format or Erase System.
- Format or Erase Data.
- Format or Erase Cache.
- Format or Erase Recovery.
- Format or Erase BootAnimation.
- Format or Erase Kernel.
Push files into your Android device or pull the files out of it.
Based on Bin4ary’s root method, you can root or unroot the compatible devices in just one click using Android Device Manager tool.
Here are some screenshots:
Head towards the Developer’s thread and download this amazing tool on your Windows PC, and buy him a bear if possible. Thanks all!
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download and install Hydrogen OS 3.0 on OnePlus 3/3T - February 20, 2017
- How to install TWRP on HTC U Ultra and Root it - February 20, 2017
- Install Official Android Nougat on Galaxy S7 Active SM-G891A - February 19, 2017