Back in 2012, when Samsung was too much eager for a breakthrough and uplift its cellphone sales, Galaxy S3 landed in an did all things right for the South Korean manufacturer. Samsung’s Galaxy S II was a great success, but the Galaxy S3 was the phone which brought all the spotlight that Samsung had been looking for in those days. Galaxy S3 sported a 4.7-inch 720p display with a 1.9 MP shooter atop of it. The phone was powered up with Exynos 4412 Quad Core CPU and a RAM of 1 GB. Galaxy S3 has an 8 MP shooter at its back while the battery under the hood is of 2100 mAh. Galaxy S3 ran on Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich out of the box and Samsung updated it to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean later on.
Android Jelly Bean was the highest version of Android available for the Galaxy S3. After this firmware, Samsung never updated the Galaxy S3 and pushed to the league of legacy Android smartphones. Since then, the Galaxy S3 is alive only because of the custom ROM developers. We have been getting a chance to enjoy every new version of Android on the Galaxy S3 by several custom ROMs. The Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, which is currently succeeded by the Android 7.0 Nougat is available for the Galaxy S3 in form of a number of custom ROMs like CyanogenMod, Resurrection Remix and others. You can pick up the custom ROM of your choice and flash it on your Galaxy S3 to give it a new life.
If the phone has been lying under your drawer, it’s the time to take it out and wipe off the dust to prepare it for flashing. We have compiled up a list of 5 best custom Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow ROMs for the Galaxy S3 I9300. The list has the custom ROMs ranked according the number of views and response these custom ROMs received. The list of the 5 best custom Marshmallow Custom ROMs follows the tutorial to install these ROMs as you go down on this page. Let’s have a look on the ROMs and study their features one by one.
5 Best Galaxy S3 I9300 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Custom ROMS
CyanogenMod 13 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
The best custom ROM available ever since Android’s custom ROM development came into being. CyanogenMod 13 is the pioneer in the AOSP ROM industry. CyanogenMod 13 is meant to be for better performance, stability and to provide you close to stock experience. CyanogenMod community is active enough to pull out the custom ROMs based on the latest versions of Android first of all. The CyanogenMod 13 is already available for a plethora of devices and Galaxy S3 I9300 is one of them. CyanogenMod is the base for most of the custom ROMs available today. If you want a vanilla Android experience, great performance, better battery life and no bloatware, then you should give CyanogenMod 13 a try.
Temasek’s Unofficial CyanogenMod 13 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
Temasek’s unofficial CyanogenMod 13 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow for the Galaxy S3 I9300 has been compiled using Sabermod GCC 4.9 tool-chain. Unofficial builds of the CyanogenMod 13 are intended to give the users a hang of the CyanogenMod 13 custom ROMs with extra features, addons, MODs and tweaks. Temasek’s unofficial CyanogenMod 13 is a feature rich custom ROM which has already entered into stable stages. This ROM can be used as a daily driver. Android power users who do not mind extra features embedded inside the CM 13 ROM should go for this ROM.
Temasek’s unofficial CyanogenMod 13 ROM features
Resurrection Remix Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
Another great ROM available for a number of devices out there. Resurrection Remix ROM based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow is available for the Galaxy S3 I9300 as well. Resurrection Remix ROM has been compiled sources from the CyanogenMod, Slim ROM, OmniROM and then its very own source. Resurrection Remix puts performance, customization, power and stability altogether. This is a feature rich ROM and should complete all needs of an Android power user. Checkout the Resurrection Remix ROM features here.
AICP Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
Previously based on Android AOKP and now based on AICP which stands for Android Ice Cold Project, AICP ROM first of all made its way to the HTC Desire HD. The ROM caught some good reviews and turned out into a mature custom ROM finding its way to many other Android smartphones. AICP ROM based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow is also available for the Galaxy S3 I9300. This is another feature rich custom ROM with great performance, speed, stability and smoothness. Read up the AICP ROM features.
Beanstalk Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
Beanstalk Android Marshmallow custom ROM’s roots lie in the CyanogenMod 13. Beanstalk incorporates features from various custom ROMs including Dirty Unicorns and others. The ROM promises to give you great battery life, stunning performance and timely updates. Beanstalk Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow for the S3 I9300 made its way a few months back. You can have a look on its features on the official page.
Download and install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow custom ROM on Galaxy S3 I9300
- This guide is intended for Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 users. Do not try this on any other device. Using the files linked here on a different device can result in bricking it. Verify your device model number in your phone’s settings > about device section.
- Your device must be running the latest possible available version of Android.
- Charge your phone up to 50% to avoid any power issues during the flashing process.
- Flash a custom recovery like TWRP on your Galaxy S3 I9300.
- Backup everything including contacts, call logs, sms messages and bookmarks. Also copy your media content to your computer.
- Create a Nandroid backup. This is highly recommend so that in case something goes wrong, you will be able to restore your system immediately by restoring Nandroid backup.
- Create an EFS backup of your device as well. Save the EFS backup to some safe place in your computer.
- Backup your important apps and apps data using Titanium backup if you want.
- Follow this guide carefully.
DISCLAIMER:THE METHODS INVOLVED IN FLASHING CUSTOM RECOVERIES, ROMS AND ROOTING YOUR PHONE ARE HIGHLY CUSTOM AND MAY RESULT IN BRICKING YOUR DEVICE, AND HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH GOOGLE OR THE DEVICE MANUFACTURER THAT IS Samsung IN OUR CASE. ALSO ROOTING YOUR DEVICE WILL VOID ITS WARRANTY AND YOU WILL BE NO LONGER ELIGIBLE FOR ANY KIND OF FREE DEVICE SERVICES BY THE MANUFACTURERS/WARRANTY PROVIDERS. IN CASE OF ANY MISHAP WE MAY NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE.
- Download the custom ROM of your choice:
- Download Gapps.zip (ARM 6.0.zip) file.
- Connect your phone to your PC now.
- Copy the both the .zip files to the storage of your phone.
- Now disconnect your phone and turn it off complete.
- Boot into TWRP recovery now, in order to do so, turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key. You should see the recovery mode in a while.
- Now in TWRP recovery, wipe cache, factory data reset the device using the Wipe option.
- After wiping all these three, select “Install” option.
- Now after tapping install > Locate and select customrom……xxxxx.zip file > Swipe finger to confirm > flash the ROM”.
- This will flash the ROM in your phone, once done get back to the main menu in recovery.
- Now once again tap “Install > Locate and Select Gapps.zip file > Swipe finger to flash > flash Gapps.zip”.
- This will flash the Gapps in your phone.
- Reboot your device to system now.
- You should see the Android 6.0 Marshmallow running on your device in a while.
- That’s all!
First boot may take up to 10 minutes, you may not worry if it’s taking that much long. In case it’s taking too long, you may boot into TWRP recovery and wipe cache and dalvik cache and reboot your device as it may fix the issue. In case your device is having issues, you may return to your old system using the Nandroid backup or follow our guide here to install stock firmware.
Got any queries? Reach us out through the comment box below.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Smile Inc for PC (Windows XP/7/8/8.1/10 and Mac) - October 24, 2016
- Google Camera 4.2.022.135443920 APK – Download - October 22, 2016
- Download Critical Ops for Windows PC and Mac - October 21, 2016