The worst thing that may ever happen to you on planet Earth is, when you forgot your Android smartphone’s password, it may be a pin, a pattern or any other kind of password that you may have implemented on your phone. This may be a case even when someone has changed your device’s password without bringing it in to your notice and you’re unable to get inside your device. The very first thing you would think to do is, you’ll try to apply any recovery options and most probably you will fail. The 2nd choice you’ve is, access your phone’s recovery and reset factory data, sounds quite ugly isn’t it? You will loose all your data just to get inside your device. There is need of a method that can easily grant you the access of your device without wiping/loosing data stored on your device or any settings on your device. In case you’re unable to find any such method, you’ll definitely want to hit your phone on the floor rather than compromising on your data. Well, you may just wait a little and find the remedy to your problem in the very post we’re going through.
Our friend Dr. Ketan (XDA-Recognized Contributor) has developed a great solution to bypass Patterns, Pins, Passwords on Android devices. The solution is packed inside a zip file that you may flash on your phone in case you’ve lost your device’s password, and it will immediately bypass it. What’s the cool thing here is, you won’t have to worry about any data loss or loosing any settings that you’ve made on your phone. Dr. Ketan’s tools earlier was believed to work on Samsung’s Galaxy Devices only, but after trying it on different devices by myself I concluded that the tools is able to bypass lockscreen on most of the Android devices without any hitch. So far this bypass has been tested on Sony Xperia Z, Xperia Z1, HTC One X, HTC One, One S, Sensation XE, Desire, Desire HD, Wildfire, Wildfire S, Samsung Galaxy S4, S3, Note 2, Note 3, Tab 2 7.7 and few other devices and it successfully unlocked all these devices without making any side-effects.
Let’s learn now how to Bypass the Screen Lock using Lock Screen Security Bypass:
- First of all you need to have a working CWM or TWRP recovery installed on your device. You may find one here.
- Download Lock Screen Security Bypass.zip file.
- Copy the downloaded .zip file to your phone’s sd card.
- Now boot into recovery on your phone. These methods vary for different devices. For HTC you may press Volume Down + Power Key & then select Recovery mode.
- For Sony, turn off your device, now turn it on and as soon as you see the Sony logo, press Volume Up key.
- For Samsung, turn off of your device completely, now turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key.
- In case you’ve some other device, try using ADB method explained in this guide.
- Once in recovery mode, select “Install Zip > Choose Zip from SD Card > Lock Screen Security Bypass.zip > Yes “.
- Wait for the file to get flashed.
- Once flashed, reboot your device.
- Turn it on now.
- Phewww! The lock has vanished.
- That’s All! Enjoy
We hope that you find this guide much helpful. Let us know if you were able to successfully unlock your phone’s screen lock or not. We would love to hear from you. Thanks all!
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Google Play Store APK [Latest 5.1.11 & Older] - December 20, 2014
- Install CWM 22.214.171.124/TWRP 2.8 Recovery On Samsung Galaxy S Plus I9001 [How To] - December 17, 2014
- Install CWM Recovery On Samsung Galaxy Note Edge N9150/F/G/T - December 14, 2014