We will be installing CWM Recovery v 220.127.116.11 or TWRP Recovery 2.8 on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 inches SM – T210 and SM – T210R also known as Samsung Galaxy Tab P3210 in the following post today. So, if you’re a Galaxy Tab 3 owner and you were looking for a custom recovery compatible with your device, you’re on the right location at the moment. Move a little forward with us and get it installed on your device.
Before we being install this recovery on Galaxy Tab 3, some of you may not be familiar with what is a custom recovery, that is CWM and TWRP in our case as some of you might be the first timer. So, to make it clear we will be first having a small overview of a custom recovery.
A custom recovery allows you to install custom roms, mods etc. Along with these, you can make a Nandroid backup, this helps you a lot as you can move back to the previous working state of your phone at any time you want if you have backed up your current system. In some cases, to root the phone you need to flash SuperSu.zip file in the custom recovery, having installed the recovery may help you while in some cases to install the recovery easily, you need to have the phone rooted. You can also wipe cache and dalvik cache of your phone using a custom recovery.
Here are some pre-requisites and some pre-cautions that you must follow before you head towards the installation guide:
- This guide is only for Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 SM-T210/210R. Do not try this on any other device, please check your device’s model number in Settings > General > About Device.
- Your phone’s battery must be charged at least over 60%. This is highly recommended in order to prevent any power issues during the flashing process.
- Make sure that you backup your important media content, Contacts, Call Logs & Messages. This is highly recommended just in case something goes wrong and you need to reset your phone.
- Use only on OEM data cable to connect your Galaxy Tab to your PC.
- Turn off your Anti-virus, Firewall and other security programs to avoid connection interruption.
- Use a stable connection/device. Your laptop must have enough battery charged to perform this method, in case you’re using a desktop PC make sure that you’re not on a risk of power loss during the flashing process.
- Follow this guide carefully. Do not go ahead if you don’t know what you’re going to do.
Disclaimer: The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is SAMSUNG in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
Files you need to download / install:
- Download and extract Odin PC – Get it here
- Download and Install Samsung USB Drivers – Get here
- Download the CWM 6 or TWRP 2.8 Recovery for your device:
How to Install CWM 6 or TWRP 2.8 on Samsung Galaxy Tab:
- Download the file for your variant carefully.
- Open Odin3.exe.
- Put your phone in download mode, to do so, turn it off completely. Now turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home Button + Power Key, you should see a warning now, press Volume Up to continue.
- In case the download mode method doesn’t work for your device, try one of the methods from this guide.
- Connect your phone to your PC.
- The ID:COM box in Odin should turn blue now, that means your phone is connected properly in download mode.
- Click the PDA tab in Odin and select the downloaded Recovery.tar.zip file and let it load. Untick all options in Odin, just let the F.Reset Time be ticked. [Untick Auto-Reboot]
- Hit start now and sit back, it will take a few seconds to flash the recovery.
- Once the recovery flashing is finished and your device is still in download mode, unplug the cable and turn it off manually by keeping the power key pressed for a while.
- Now turn your device on by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key to access the CWM Recovery or TWRP Recovery that you just installed.
- You can backup your current ROM and do a lot of other things using the options in CWM Recovery or TWRP Recovery.
- That’s All.
You may want to root your device now, have a look on:
That’s All! We hope that you found this guide of much help. In case you got any queries or face any difficulties regarding this guide, don’t hesitate to stop by the comment box below and leave us your message. We will try our best to help you out. Thanks All.