How to Root Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 SM-T210/T210R
Samsung brought up it’s 3rd generation Galaxy Tab in May, 2013. The device sported a 7.0 inches display, under the hood a 1.2 GHz dual core processor is set alongside a RAM of 1 GBs. At the back it sports a 3.15 MP camera and a 1.3 MP on the front as well while a massive 4000 mAh battery is placed under the hood. Galaxy Tab 3 comes modeled under different variants having WiFi, 3G and 4G capabilities. Earlier we posted a tutorial for installing a custom recovery on the SM T210 and T210R variants (both are WiFi) of the device, but missed the method to root these devices, so in the following post we will be going through a method to root em’.
Some of you might be new to rooting and installing a custom recovery, so to make the things more clear, we will be having a look on a small intro to root and custom recovery and also the reason to get both the things on your device.
Rooting your phone gives you complete access over all the data which is apparently locked by the manufacturers. This includes removal of the factory restrictions and making changes to the internal system and the operating system. Gaining the root access gives you the privileges to install various applications to enhance the performance of your device, allows you to remove the built-in applications/programs, helps you to upgrade the battery life of your device & install the apps which require the root access for the proper functionality and modify your device in so many other ways e.g using mods and custom roms. By installing custom recovery, you can flash custom roms in the phone easily. Custom recovery also let’s you backup your current rom and restore it in case of any mishap. There is a laundry list of things you can do after having your device rooted and installed the custom recovery, now once you’re rooted and have installed custom recovery, go ahead and enjoy it on your phone. Here’s our collection of 10 Best Root Apps.
Here are some instructions that you must follow in order to gain root access on your Galaxy Note Tab 3 7.0 SM-T210 or T210R
- This guide is only for Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 SM-T210/SM-T210R. Do not try this on any other device, please check your device’s model number in Settings > General > About Device.
- Your phone’s battery must be charged at least over 60%. This is highly recommended in order to prevent any power issues during the flashing process.
- ake sure that you backup your important media content, Contacts, Call Logs & Messages. This is highly recommended just in case something goes wrong and you need to reset your phone.
- Alright! Go ahead and flash the custom firmware, follow this guide to the letter.
Disclaimer: The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is SAMSUNG in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
How to Root Galaxy Tab 3 7.0:
- Your device must have a CWM Recovery or TWRP Recovery installed. Follow our full guide here to install it on your device.
- Download Android-armeabi.universial-root.zip file and place on the SD card of your Galaxy Tab.
- Boot into CWM Recovery or TWRP Recovery now. To do so, turn off your device completely. Now turn it while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key. In case this method doesn’t work for your device, try one of the methods explained in this guide.
- In CWM select “Install Zip>Chooe Zip from SD Card > Android-armeabi-universal-root.zip > Yes”.
- Wait for the flashing to complete.
- Reboot your Galaxy Tab.
- Find SuperSu in App Drawer.
- Phewwwww! You’re rooted now.
That’s All! We hope that you found this guide of much help. In case you got any queries or face any difficulties regarding this guide, don’t hesitate to stop by the comment box below and leave us your message. We will try our best to help you out. Thanks All.
is a FarmVille Freak | a software engineering student, and besides being a FarmVille freak, he's a tech freak as well, has a keen interest in Android OS and it's happenings and always loves to mess with the latest gadgets to digg the stuff out of em'.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)