Samsung’s latest flagship Note device, Galaxy Note 3 is surely the best device to go for at the moment. The device sports a beautiful 5.7 inch full HD display, a massive Exynos 5 Octa Core or Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 800 CPU under the hood with a 3 GB RAM, a battery of 3200 mAh battery is also there to add life to the device. Galaxy Note 3 sport’s a 13 MP camera at the back while a 2 MP camera on the front. Along these massive hardware improvements, Samsung also introduced some new features like Air Command and others.
It’s been 2 months now since the device is there, and it looks like that many of the developers have got their hands on the device as there is a number of tweaks coming everyday from different corners. There is a number of custom ROMs available now as well for different variants of the device. To flash all the available mods, or flash custom ROMs you’ll probably need a custom recovery. To overcome the need of a custom recovery and save your time from searching for the latest and best recovery, we’ve linked in the TWRP recovery and explained the method to flash it in your phone below. Thanks to TeamWin for creating this awesome recovery, it won’t only let you flash mods and custom ROMs, there’s a lot more to do as, let’s have a look on the advantages of a custom recovery first.
A custom recovery allows you to install custom roms, mods etc. Along with these, you can make a Nandroid backup, this helps you a lot as you can move back to the previous working state of your phone at any time you want if you have backed up your current system. In some cases, to root the phone you need to flash SuperSu.zip file in the custom recovery, having installed the recovery may help you while in some cases to install the recovery easily, you need to have the phone rooted. You can also wipe cache and dalvik cache of your phone using a custom recovery.
To install TWRP Recovery on your device, you need to follow these instructions.
- This guide is only for Samsung Galaxy Note 3, for the variants which are listed below. Before installing this, make sure that your device is listed below. Check your device’s model number in Settings > More > About Device.
- Download the file carefully for your device.
- Make sure that your device’s battery is charged over at least 60%. Highly recommended in order to prevent any mishap during the recovery installation process.
- Make sure that you backup your important media content, Contacts, Call Logs & Messages. This is highly recommended just in case something goes wrong and you need to reset your phone.
- Use only OEM data cable to establish connection between your phone and PC. Turn off your Anti Virus and Firewall to prevent any connection issues. Also enable USB debugging mode on your phone if you face connection issues.
- Recovery works well for Galaxy Note 3 running on all Android versions, no need to worry about the Android version.
Disclaimer: The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is SAMSUNG in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
Pre – Requisites:
Download the TWRP Recovery for Your Device:
- Download TWRP Recovery 18.104.22.168 for International Galaxy Note 3 SM – N900
- Download TWRP Recovery 22.214.171.124 for LTE Galaxy Note 3 SM – N9005
- Download TWRP Recovery 126.96.36.199 for Canadian Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900W8
- Download TWRP Recovery 188.8.131.52 for Sprint Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900P
- Download TWRP Recovery 184.108.40.206 for T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900T
How to Install TWRP Recovery on your Galaxy Note 3:
- Download the file for your variant carefully.
- Open Odin3.exe.
- Put your phone in download mode, to do so, turn it off completely. Now turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home Button + Power Key, you should see a warning now, press Volume Up to continue.
- In case the download mode method doesn’t work for your device, try one of the methods from this guide.
- Connect your phone to your PC.
- The ID:COM box in Odin should turn blue now, that means your phone is connected properly in download mode.
- Click the PDA tab in Odin and select the downloaded Recovery.tar file and let it load. Your Odin should look exactly as shown below, make sure that no extra options are selected.
- Hit start now and sit back, it will take a few seconds to flash the recovery and your device will reboot.
- Press and hold Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key to access the TWRP Touch Recovery that you just installed.
- You can backup your current ROM and do a lot of other things using the options in TWRP Recovery.
- Make sure that you make an EFS backup and save it on your PC as well. Find the option in TWRP Recovery.
- That’s All.
How to Root:
- If you want to root your device now, you can download the SuperSu.zip file.
- Place the downloaded file on your phone’s sd card.
- Open TWRP Recovery and select Install > SuperSu.zip and flash it.
- Reboot your device and find SuperSu in app drawer.
- Congrats! You’re now rooted as well.
That’s All! We hope that you found this guide of much help. In case you got any queries or face any difficulties regarding this guide, don’t hesitate to stop by the comment box below and leave us your message. We will try our best to help you out. Thanks All.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Update Sony Xperia Z2 D6503 To Official Android 5.0.2 Lollipop 23.1.A.0.690 Firmware [How To] - March 18, 2015
- Install Official Android 5.0.1 Lollipop On Galaxy S4 I9505 Black Edition [How To] - March 18, 2015
- Install Official Android 5.0.1 Lollipop On Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE I9505 [How To] - March 18, 2015