Last Time we showed you how to update your Nexus 4 to the factory image of Android 4.4, but if you still haven’t able to receive OTA update of Android 4.4 Kit-Kat for your Nexus 4. Not satisfied from the Factory image and still want to install the OTA update. So, here we are with another guide for Nexus 4 related with Android 4.4 Kit-Kat, this tutorial is quite different than any other you have ever tried, so read and understand the Whole way before trying it on your device.
In this Article, we will show you How To Install Kit-Kat 4.4 OTA On Nexus 4 Manually and Root It.But before we begin, Make sure that you have battery charged over 60 % and have backed up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
Disclaimer: The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device,and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is Samsung in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
- Make Sure that USB Cable is not Connected With PC While The Installation in Process.
- Enable USB debugging mode.
- Make sure that battery level is at 85% or more.
- This Tutorial is Only For Nexus 4.
- Your device Must be rooted, Custom Recovery is not necessary, yet if installed it’s good.
How To Install Kit-Kat 4.4 OTA On Nexus 4 Manually.
Download Any file according to your demand and Requirement:
- OTA update for Jelly Bean 4.3 (JWR66Y) (~239MB): Download
- OTA update for KitKat 4.4 (KRT16S) (~9MB): Download‘
Make sure that ADB is Configured. HOW ? Follow: How to Install Android Adb & Fastboot Drivers on Your Windows PC [Guide]
Nexus 4 USB Drivers Are installed.
Now go to Bootloader mode, Press and hold Volume Down + Power buttons till you see some text on-screen.
Choose Recovery from Bootloader.
Now Connect your Device with PC.
Using Volume Keys, Navigate to “Apply update from ADB”.
Open the folder where you extracted the OTA update Folder, Press and hold Shift Key + Right Click anywhere in the folder and click ‘Open Command Window here’.
Now if you are updating from Android 4.3 Jelly Bean (JWR66Y), type in the Following Command:
adb sideload c7d8660af65b878835d5248252f51dcbf53c2001.signed-two-step.signed-occam-KRT16S-from-JWR66Y.d1b99704.zip
And if your Are updating from Android 4.4 Kit-Kat Factory Image (KRT16O), Type in the Following Command:
adb sideload 70f3bd408ca3d142509cd4bace2f2c7e3aa486c6.signed-occam-KRT16S-from-KRT16O.70f3bd40.zip
The Process will start, once done you will be prompted, Reboot your device and you will find you Nexus 4 running Android 4.4 Kit-Kat KRT16S Build.
How To Root Nexus 4 Running Android 4.4 Kit-Kat KRT16S Build.
- Download the Super SU file From Here and copy it to your sdcard on your Nexus 4.
- Turn Off your Tablet.
- Now go to Bootloader mode, Press and hold Volume Down + Power buttons till you see some text on-screen
- choose Recovery from Bootloader.
- Navigate to ‘Install zip from sd card’ then select ‘choose zip from sd card’.
- Select the ‘Update SuperSu v1.69.zip’ file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- Wait for the process to over.
- Navigate to ‘++++++++Go Back‘ then select “reboot system now’.
That’s all your Nexus 4 running Android 4.4 Kit-Kat KRT16S is now rooted, check the Super SU or Download any Root Checker app to verify.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Increase Volume Of OnePlus One With Volume Boost MOD - October 24, 2014
- How To Install TWRP Recovery On T-Mobile Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910T - October 23, 2014
- How To Fix SD Card Write On T-Mobile Galaxy Note 4 After Rooting - October 23, 2014