Android 4.4 Kit-Kat will officially be released for Nexus device in coming days,but developers have already started to create custom ROMs based on Android 4.4. But these custom ROMs are only available for Nexus devices, well for other they still have to wait. Galaxy Nexus might be an old device in Nexus family, but Google hasn’t forgotten about it. All the Nexus devices, including Galaxy Nexus but not Nexus S, will receive the Official Update of Android 4.4, but if you don’t want to wait for it or you just can’t, Follow this tutorial and Install this Custom ROM based on Android 4.4.
In this Article, we will show you How To Install Android 4.4 Slim-Kat Asphalt Kit-Kat Custom ROM On Galaxy Nexus. But before we begin make sure to Backup all your data placed on your phone’s internal storage, contacts, call logs and messages. This is necessary as if something go wrong during the process, so you will be able to restore it afterwards.
The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
- Your Device Must Be Rooted
- Enable USB debugging mode. HOW? Go to Settings > Developer Options and Check USB Debugging mode.
- If you can’t see the developers options, Go to settings > About > Tap build number until your device announces you the Developer.
- Make sure that battery level is at 85% or more.
- This Tutorial is Only For Galaxy Nexus.
How To Install Android 4.4 Slim-Kat Asphalt Kit-Kat Custom ROM On Galaxy Nexus.
- Download the Download Android 4.4 SlimKat Alpha ROM and Google Apps files but don’t extract any of them.
- Connect Galaxy Nexus to PC. Make sure to use original USB cable.
- Copy and Paste the downloaded files to the root of your sd card.
- Disconnect the cable.
- Turn off your tablet.
- Now go to Bootloader/Fastboot mode, Press and hold Power + Volume Up + Down Buttons till you see some text on-screen.
- From Bootloader, choose Recovery.
- From Recovery, First Choose ‘Wipe Cache’.
- Then Navigate to ‘advance’ and choose ‘Devlik Wipe Cache’ so you won’t get in any bootloop.
- Then finally select ‘Wipe Data/Factory Reset’.
- Navigate to ‘Install zip from sd card’ then select ‘choose zip from sd card’.
- Select the Android 4.4 file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- Wait for the process to over, then select ‘reboot system now’.
Note: Repeat Step 10 and 11, but select Gapps instead of Android 4.4, to install Google Apps.
Voila! your Samsung Galaxy Nexus has been updated to Android 4.4 Slim-Kat Custom Firmware , Wait for at least 5-minutes for the first run.