Update Sony Xperia L C2104/C2105 to Android 4.2.2 [15.3.A.0.26] Official Firmware
Sony’s Xperia L is a mid range Android smartphone. The phone was pulled out by Sony back in March, 2013. Sporting a 4.3 inch TFT capacitive touchscreen display with 243 ppi, the device is equipped with a Qualcomm MSM8230 Snapdragon Dual Core CPU clocked at 1 GHz, having Adreno 305 GPU. The device is supported by a 1 GB RAM and the internal storage space is 8 GB while the device supports a microSD card as well up to 32 GB.
Out of the box, Sony Xperia L runs on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. Sony promised its users that the Sony Xperia L will get Android 4.2.2, so, overcoming its promise Sony has rolled out the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update for Sony Xperia L. While each Android update is packed up with a lot of bug fixes, stability and performance enhancements, we’re sure that the Xperia L got much better with the Android 4.2.2 update.
You can update your device to Android 4.2.2 though Sony PC companion by connecting your phone to your PC and checking for the update in Sony’s official PC suite software (Sony PC Companion) or through the OTA updates, for this hit Settings>About Device >Software > Check for updates and get it done if the update is available.
The official updates take quite long to reach the different regions through OTA updates or through the Sony PC companion, while some of the users can’t wait to get their hands on the newest firmware running on their device, they try to find a method to update their phone to the latest firmware manually. We’ll be having a look on a method to update the Sony Xperia L to Android 4.2.2 manually, scroll down to begin…
Before we go ahead, here are some of the pre requisites you must have:
- Make sure that your phone is charged over at least 60%. It is highly recommended in order to complete the process successfully and prevent any mishap regarding the device’s power.
- Use the original data cable for establishing the connection between your phone and PC.
- Make sure that you’ve installed the Sony PC Companion and Sony Flashtool properly. You may find the links with guides below.
- Make sure that your device is Sony Xperia L, don’t try this method on any other device.
- Choose your device’s model carefully under Settings > About device, and download the exact firmware for your device.
- Make sure that you back up all of your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages. Although rooting your device does not delete any files, but this is highly recommended as it may become helpful in case of any mishap or data loss.
- All Set? Let’s go ahead now.
Files you need to download:
Sony Flash Tool – Download it Here [Follow the guide carefully to install Flashmode drivers]
Sony PC Companion – Download it Here.
Download the firmware for your device carefully:
Here’s how to Update Sony Xperia L to Android 4.2.2.
- After you’ve successfully installed and understood the Sony Flashtool, and downloaded the firmware file, that is in .ftf format, place the .ftf file in Flashtool>Firmwares folder. The Flashtool folder should be in the drive where you installed the Sony Flashtool, and there should be a Firmwares folder in it.
- After you’ve placed the .ftf file in the Firmwares folder, Open Flashtool.exe.
- In Flashtool, hit the lightening button on the top left, select whether you want to run Flashmode or Fastboot mode.Flashmode is the one you’ll need most probably while you’re trying to install an ftf file, select it and press Ok.
- Select the firmware or the file that you placed i the Firmwares folder, and make the other selections accordingly, below is an image showing the procedure for a firmware’s ftf file. After you’ve settled it up, hit the Flash button at the bottom now, it will start loading the ftf file and show you logs.
- As soon as the file is loaded, you should see a pop up, prompting you to connect your device to the PC in Flashmode.
- Now, turn off your device, and connect to your PC using the original data cable while keeping the Volume down key pressed. You should see the Green LED on your device.
- After you’ve connected your device successfully, the Flashing will start, wait and sit back while the flashing gets completed. You should see the logs now, as soon as it is done the ”flashing done” will appear at the bottom.
That’s All! As soon as the flashing is done, remove your device from your PC and turn it on. You’ve the latest Android 4.2.2 firmware running on your device. Verify it by opening Settings > About Device > Firmware.
In case of any difficulties or queries, feel free to leave us a comment. We will try our best to help you out. Thanks!