In the world of Smartphones, I believe that Samsung is the only brand wo gave more support than anyone else, lots of Firmware, easy root method and above all official Firmware to download and install manually, something that no one offers. but when it comes to carrier phones, even Samsung is not good enough in giving tools to support their devices.
Finding CMW and rooting methods for such phones are not very easy to find. Especially depending upon your Android version, Firmware are still easy to find but Custom Recovery and Rooting method are very difficult and above that all those who actually works. In this article we will tell you how to Install CWM Recovery and Root Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-1535 Running Android 4.1.1/4.1.2.
But before we begin the Tutorial, make sure that:
- Your Phone battery level is at 85% .
- You are using the original USB cable.
- Back up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is Samsung in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
How To Root Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-1535 and Install CWM Recovery on it.
- Download the custom Bootchain file: VRALEC.Bootchain.Tar.Md5 – Mirror
- Download CWM Recovery: CWM6023TouchVZW.Tar.Md5 — Mirror
- Download SuperSU file (for Root Only): CWM-SuperSU-V0.99.Zip
- Download SuperUser file to (Root and Unlock Bootloader both): SuperSU_Bootloader_FIXED.Zip — Mirror
To download the correct file. Go to Settings > About, check firmware version and download the matching file.
- Bootchain file for VRBLK3 (Android 4.1.1 JB): VRBLK3_Bootchain.Tar.Md5 — Mirror
- Bootchain file for VRBMB1 (Android 4.1.2 JB): VRBMB1_Bootchain.Tar.Md5 — Mirror
- Bootchain file for VRBMD3 (Android 4.1.2 JB): VRBMD3_Bootchain.Tar.Md5 – Mirror
First of all Copy and Paste the Super SU file to the root of your SD card.
Turn of your device and Put it into download mode, Press and Hold Volume Down + Home + Power button and then press Volume up to continue.
Open Odin and connect your device to PC using original USB cable. Check the following things shown in Picture below.
Click on PDA and select the CWM6023TouchVZW.tar.md5“ ,click start.
The file will be flashed and your device will reboot, once you see the reset message, disconnect the device from PC.
Now to install CWM Recovery, boot again into download mode.
Re-launch Odin, connect the device and uncheck the Auto Reboot option.
Click on PDA and Select “CWM6023TouchVZW.tar.md5“ and press start.
CWM recovery will be flashed on your device and once you get the Pass signal, disconnect the device.
Now take out the Battery and re-insert it after a couple of seconds.
Now Press and Hold Power + Home + Volume Up button to get into Recovery mode.
Now select ‘Install zip from sd card’ then ‘choose zip from sd card’ and select the Super SU.zip file and confirm the installation.
When it is done, select reboot system now and wait for the first run of device,which might take sometime.
Once it is on Home screen, turn it off and go into download mode again.
Relaunch Odin , connect device to PC, select PDA and choose eitherVRBLK3 or VRBMB1 or VRBMD3) depending on what file you have downloaded.
Click Start and once you get the Pass or Reset message, disconnect the device and Wait for it to reboot.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Got a Broken Power Button, Here is How you can Turn On iPhone Without it - January 25, 2015
- Delete All the Music in iOS 8 using iPad/iPhone - January 25, 2015
- Some of the Best iOS 8.1.2 Compatible Cydia Tweaks - January 25, 2015