Update HTC Sensation XE To Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
HTC Sensation XE, well according to many sites, will receive the update of Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, but somehow this thing is not getting real. So, to put it in simplest way ,If you can’t get it the easiest way, do the hard one. SO, if you can’t get the Official ROM go for the Custom one. :lol: . But there is another problem, Android 4.1 Jelly Bean custom ROM is not that easy to find for Sensation XE, so the link that will be provided to you have a lot of ROMs link in it, choose anyone you like.
In this article we will tell you How To Update HTC Sensation XE To Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Custom firmware. But before we begin, Make sure that you have battery charged over 60 % and have backed up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
To root your Sensation XE Running Android 4.0.3, Follow:
To Unlock Bootloader, Visit HTC Dev.com and follow the instructions.
- Front facing camera
- Calls & data
- Hardware acceleration
- button lights
- Notification LED
- Voice input (GNow)
- Video playback
- WiFi hotspot
- And more.
All done, let’s head towards the tutorial:
How To Update HTC Sensation XE To Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
- Download JB 4.1 Package and Google Apps.
- Make Sure that USB Debugging is enable, goto Settings > Developers Option and Tick the USB debugging.
- Copy and paste the boot.img to the Fastboot Folder.
- Now copy and paste the CM 10.zip and Google Apps file to the root of your SD card.
- Turn off your phone and open Bootloader/Fastboot mode. How? Press and hole Volume Down + Power button until you see some text on screen.
- Now Open Command prompt in Fastboot Folder, How? Hold Shift Key and Right Click anywhere in the Fastboot folder.
- Now type in the following command: fastboot flash boot boot.img Press Enter.
- Then type in thr following command: fastboot reboot.
- After the reboot, take out the battery and wait for atleast 10 seconds.
- Then re-insert the battery and enter Recovery mode. How? Press and hold Power + Volume Down button till you see some text on screen, From bootloader selecr recovery.
- Choose Wipe Cache Partition first.
- Choose ‘advance’ and select ‘Devlik wipe cache’, so you won’t stuck in any Boot loop.
- The finally choose ‘Wipe Data/Factory Reset’.
- Now select ‘Install zip from sd card’, then select ‘choose zip from sd card’.
- Select the JB 4.1.zip file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- After the installation, Again select ‘install zip from sd card’ and ‘choose zip from sd card’ and select Gapps.zip file and confirminstallation on next screen.
- After that, +++++Go back. and Reboot System now. Wait for 5-minutes for the first run.
Voila that’s it you HTC Sensation XE is now upgraded to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, to check Goto settings> About > Software Version.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)